Insta Me

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Rooting is fun

Few days back, I rooted my aging Sony Xperia U. I did it, not out of curiosity, but due to the fact that with all the Timescape bloatware and such, my phone was less of an accessory and more of a pain. With notifications turned on on the Facebook app, Timescape updates the phone would lag like hell.
So I made a rather brave decision to root it even after hearing stories of phones getting bricked by rooting.
I used a simple method, something "Root by restore by bin4ry" and after a few trials, the phone's rooted.
After root, the next thing I did was to install ES Explorer, back up all system app and remove all the bloatware ranging from Timescape facebook and Twitter plug-ins to the useless apps. Then I installed App Quarantine to disable apps like Google Play, Google Plus, Instagram etc temporarily. Lastly, I ditched Xperia home and went to Apex Launcher.
The result was awesome, the hard work, the risk paid. Now my phone is running fresh, faster, smoother and am in love with it again.

No comments: